- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large bunch raw spinach, chopped
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for smearing hands
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 450 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 tbsp finely grated parmesan, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp flour, if needed
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to about 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Place the spinach in a pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and half the chopped garlic. Sauté for 4 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool.
3. In a bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, parmesan and a pinch of salt. If the ricotta makes the mixture watery, add a small amount of flour, a little at a time, and combine thoroughly.
4. Smear some olive oil onto your hands. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture onto the palm of your hands and form into a compact ball. It should be about the size of an egg. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
5. In a saucepan, heat up the remaining olive oil, then add the rest of the garlic along with the cherry tomatoes and basil. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
6. Spoon half the sauce into a baking dish, then add the gnudi balls and top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe