- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr resting for pasta
- Effort: medium
- 500 g spinach, washed thoroughly
- 2 eggs
- 400 g '00' flour
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 tinned anchovies, canned
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 20 leaves of spinach, washed
- 20 g parmesan
- 5 cherry tomatoes, deseeded and cut into small cubes
1. Cook the spinach until wilted. Plunge immediately into cold water to keep its colour and flavour.
2. Remove spinach from cold water, and squeeze well to remove all excess water. Place in a blender with the eggs. Whiz to combine and then slowly add the flour until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
3. Remove the dough from the machine and roll through a pasta machine until smooth.
4. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for 1 hour.
5. Roll the dough out to a thickness of 2mm and cut into your required shape.
6. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and cook the shallot and anchovy until softened. Add the stock and the spinach.
7. Bring a large pan of boiling salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 2 minutes until 'al dente'. Drain and add to the spinach sauce in the pan and cook over a gentle heat for one minute.
8. Serve sprinkled with the tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
Rate This Recipe