- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 350 g white onions, thinly sliced
- 200 g celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large floury potato, peeled and roughly diced
- 600 g whole leaf spinach, washed and woody stalks discarded
- 1 litres hot vegetable stock
- pinch grated nutmeg
For the topping
- 200 g pancetta lardons
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp creme fraiche
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium pan - soften the onions, celery and garlic in a covered pan over a very low heat. This should take around 20-25 minutes.
2. Add the potatoes, give it a quick stir, then pour in enough hot vegetable stock to cover the vegetables, plus an extra depth of 5cm. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are soft and breaking up.
3. Stir in the spinach and cook for another couple of minutes without a lid until the leaves wilt. Blend the soup to a puree in a liquidiser or in a stick blender.
4. For the topping, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the pancetta pieces until browned and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls, top with a spoonful of crème fraiche, and scatter with crisp bacon pieces.
For quality ingredients look for a quality mark. Red Tractor beef and lamb is responsibly produced and provenance guaranteed.
Red Tractor beef and lamb: its a Good Food Story.
Rate This Recipe