- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g spinach leaves, blanched, squeezed dry and chopped
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 115 g pistachio nuts, shelled, skinned and chopped
- 55 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 1 egg yolks
- 8 large sheets filo pastry
- 115 g butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Place the spinach, ricotta, pistachio nuts, sun-dried tomatoes and marjoram.
2. Mix well and season with salt and freshly ground pepper, adding the egg yolk to help bind the mixture.
3. Lay out one sheet of filo pastry, brush with melted butter, top with another filo sheet and brush with melted butter.
4. Spread a quarter of the mixture on the pastry along one edge and roll over the filling, then turn into a coil, like a Chelsea bun.
5. Repeat the process making four rolls in all. Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet, brush over with the remaining melted butter and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove and serve warm or cool.
Rate This Recipe