- Serves: 4-6 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 100 ml double cream
- 500 g fresh spinach, thoroughly washed and squeezed of water
- freshly grated nutmeg
1. Melt the butter in a very large saucepan. Add the cream and warm through.
2. Cram the spinach into the saucepan and stir as best you can. Cover with a lid and cook over a very low heat for 2 minutes. Remove the lid and stir well. Add a good grating of nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
3. Turn the heat up and stir until completely wilted, then tip into a food processor and pulse a couple of times to make it into a purée. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe