- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 675 g fresh spinach
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tinned anchovies, finely chopped
- 60 g currants or raisins
- 60 g pine kernels
- freshly grated nutmeg
- black pepper
1. Rinse the spinach thoroughly, and then pat dry in kitchen paper or a clean tea towel. This quantity of spinach will need to be cooked in two batches, so divide the spinach and all other ingredients in half and arrange next to the hob.
2. Put a large wok over a high heat and leave it until it smokes. Add half the olive oil, and than add half the garlic and half the anchovies. Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add half the spinach, half the raisins or currants, half the pine nuts, and salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Stir-fry briskly for a few minutes, until the spinach has begun to soften and wilt. Scoop out immediately into a warm serving dish. Quickly repeat the whole process with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe