- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 small onions, ely chopped
- 150 g chicken livers, rsely chopped
- 200 g smoked lardons of bacon
- large handful of thyme, finely chopped
- large handful of rosemary, finely chopped
- 1.5 kg chicken, whole
- 100 ml olive oil
1. Mix the chopped onions, livers, bacon lardons and half of the herbs together.
2. Push the stuffing into the cavity of the chicken and secure the open ends using a trussing needle and kitchen string.
3. Carefully push the chicken onto a long metal skewer and spit-roast over open coals for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Alternatively, set the oven to 200°C/gas 6; transfer the chicken to a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
4. Mix the olive oil and remaining herbs together and baste the chicken with this while turning the spit regularly. If you are using the oven method, simply pour the marinade over the chicken as it goes into the oven.
5. Serve the chicken hot, with the delicious cooking juices poured over.
Rate This Recipe