- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 eggs, separated
- 225 g caster sugar
- splash of warm water
- 140 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks together with the sugar and a splash of warm water for 5-10 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into the yolks and fold in.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the whisked egg white into the flour mixture.
5. Divide the mix between 2 greased and lined 18cm cake tines.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until risen and set. Cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe