- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.5 kg cabbage, stem removed, roughly chopped
- 100 ml olive oil
- 6 onions, medium-sized roughly chopped
- 400 ml ginger wine
- 50 g butter
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the chopped onions and fry over a moderate heat until light brown in colour.
2. Pour in the ginger wine, bring to a boil and cook down until it's about quarter its original volume.
3. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, tip in the cabbage leaves and cook for about 6-8 minutes before draining the leaves in a colander.
4. Return the cabbage the pan and stir in the reduced wine and onion mixture along with the butter Season well and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe