- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 120 g strong bread flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 60 g butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
For the filling:
- 25 g butter
- 400 g spring greens, spines removed and very finely shredded
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml Jersey cream
- sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 110 g gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1. Sift the flour into a food processor and add a pinch of sea salt. Add the butter and blitz for 30 seconds. Add the water one tablespoon at a time. As soon as the pastry comes together to form a ball, remove it from the machine, wrap it in cling film and chill for at least half an hour.
2. Line a 22cm tart tin with the pastry and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile melt the butter in a large saucepan with a lid. Add the spring greens and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time. Cover and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the greens are just beginning to soften. Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
4. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and baking beans or dried beans and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans, prick all over with a fork and cook for a further 5 minutes. In a jug, whisk together the eggs, cream and any cooking liquid from the greens. Season.
5. Remove the tart base from the oven and place it onto a baking tray. Scatter the wilted greens over the bottom. Crumble over the Gorgonzola. Gently pour over the cream mixture. Put in the oven and cook for 25 minutes. Cool for at least 10 minutes. Serve with a mixed leaf salad.
Rate This Recipe