- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g lamb shoulder
- 1 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into batons
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- small bunch rosemary, chopped
- small bunch sage, chopped
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- 450 g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- olive oil, for finishing
1. Place the lamb in a casserole dish and cover with the stock. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, and simmer until most of the stock has evaporated.
2. Heat the oil in a separate saucepan, and cook the carrots, onions, and celery over a low heat, until softened - this should take about 10 minutes.
3. Add the herbs, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Stir in the tomatoes, and add the lamb and remaining stock. Cover the casserole and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Slice the lamb into portions and serve with the sauce. Drizzle with olive oil before bringing to the table
Rate This Recipe