- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 500 g plum tomatoes
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 30 ml red wine vinegar
- stale loaf ciabatta bread
- 450 g lamb loin
- 6 charred baby artichokes, in olive oildrained
- 2 red peppers, roasted, peeled and torn into strips
- handful of rocket
- 150 g creamy Blue lancashire cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Skin, deseed and quarter the tomatoes and place them in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add 200ml of the oil, the garlic and the vinegar. Tear the bread and pour over the dressing.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the lamb on all sides until golden. Transfer to the oven and roast for about 8-12 minutes, until just pink in the centre.
3. Toss the remaining ingredients into the tomato mixture and adjust the seasoning.
4. Finally, slice the lamb and toss it into the salad. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe