- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 bunches asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 1 thick slices sourdough bread
- olive oil
- 400 g canned cannellini beans, drained and well rinsed
- 1/2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinches light muscovado sugar
- 2 sprigs soft thyme, leaves only
- 1 large bunches flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
1. Cook the asparagus in a pan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan. Drizzle the bread with some olive oil and cook on the griddle pan for a few minutes on each side until nicely browned.
3. Drain the asparagus, toss in a little oil and sea salt and cook on the hot griddle for a few minutes until charred in places.
4. Toss the beans and onion in a bowl. Halve the tomatoes and squeeze the juice and seeds onto the beans and onion, then tear the flesh into pieces and add. Dress with some olive oil (about 3-4 tablespoons), balsamic vinegar and a pinch of sugar.
5. Sprinkle the thyme leaves into the bowl along with the parsley. Cut the asparagus spears into 3 and add those too. Tear the toast into chunks and place in the serving dish.
6. Toss everything together well to coat with the dressing. Serve at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe