- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 egg
- splashes white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 130 ml rapeseed oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 4 tinned anchovies, drained
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tsp tapenade
- selection of spring vegetables, sliced into bite-size pieces
- chopped flat leaf parsley, to serve (optional)
1. Crack the egg into a blender. Add a splash of vinegar and the mustard. Blend to mix.
2. With the motor still running, gradually drizzle in some of the rapeseed oil - the mayonnaise will emulsify as you add the oil. Stop adding more oil once the mixture has reached a thick mayonnaise consistency.
3. Add the lemon juice, season with pepper and little salt and blend again.
4. Tip in the anchovies, capers and tapenade, and blend again.
5. Arrange the chopped spring vegetables on a plate and serve the anchovy mayonnaise in a bowl alongside. If you like, sprinkle over chopped flat-leaf parsley to serve.
Rate This Recipe