- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g smoked bacon, chopped into short, fine strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic
- butter, if needed
- 1 kg brussels sprouts, chopped
- 400 g chestnuts, cooked and peeled
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 1 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- 250 ml double cream
- handful of croutons, to serve
1. Fry the bacon in a heavy-based saucepan until crisp.
2. Add in the onion and garlic and fry with the bacon, adding a little butter if necessary.
3. Add in the chopped sprouts, chestnuts, stock and thyme leaves.
4. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Blend until smooth, using a hand blender or jug blender, then mix in the double cream.
6. Gently heat through and serve with croutons.
Rate This Recipe