- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g purple sprouting broccoli
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin estate-bottled olive oil
- 1 red chilli, (optional), deseeded and finely chopped
- good squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 anchovy fillets, (optional), chopped
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Divide the broccoli into small florets, leaves and chopped stems. Put the whole lot in a steamer basket set over boiling water. Steam for 4-6 minutes until just tender but still crisp.
2. If including the chilli, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the chilli and fry for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
3. Tip the broccoli into a serving dish. Toss while still hot in lemon juice and olive oil. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Scatter with the chilli and anchovies if using. Serve while still warm.
Rate This Recipe