- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g squash
- 3 tbsp oil
- 30 g shallots, chopped
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 250 ml double cream
- 15 g chives, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- 100 g brie, thinly sliced, to serve
1. Peel and chop the squash into small dice.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the shallots until softened but not coloured.
3. Add the squash and stock, and cook for 45 minutes until the squash is soft.
4. Place in a blender and whiz until smooth.
5. Stir in the cream and chives, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Pour the soup into bowls and lay the sliced Brie on top. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe