- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the beans
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- bunch of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 300 g cannellini beans, (in a jar, in brine)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the squid
- 2 whole fresh squid
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 6-8 cherry tomotoes, chopped and deseeded
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
1. For the beans: Fry the garlic in olive oil, then add the parsley and fry for a minute.
2. Add cannellini beans, including the juices from the jar. Add another drizzle of olive oil and cook for 10 minutes. Season and serve.
3. For the squid: Peel off the wings, and outer membrane, and remove the head and intestines. Cut in half lengthways and scrape out the inside with a knife. Wash thoroughly with cold water and pat dry.
4. Lie the squid pieces flat, skin-side down, and score with a sharp knife in a criss-cross pattern. Season the squid with salt and pepper, and rub a little olive oil into the skin.
5. Place a non-stick pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the squid, scored side down and cook for one minute till golden brown, then turn over.
6. Add the garlic, chilli, anchovy fillets, parsley, tomatoes and lemon juice to the pan. Remove the squid and quickly slice into bite-sized pieces. Return immediately to the pan and toss briefly through the other ingredients.
7. To serve, place a spoon of cannellini bean mix into the centre of a plate and top with the squid.
Rate This Recipe