- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
- 100 g razor clams
- 125 ml white wine
- 1-2 handfuls sea purslane
- 1 bunches flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 medium whole mackerel, gutted
- 200 g cleaned squid, frozen to tenderise
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp zest of limes
- olive oil, for frying
1. Put the razor clams (in their shells) in a saucepan with the wine and half of the sea purslane. Cook just until the shells open, then remove from the heat, drain and set the clams and sea purslane aside.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil and briefly blanch the parsley leaves and remaining sea purslane. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
3. Put the parsley, sea purslane and cooking liquid into a blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
4. Remove the bones from the mackerel and finely chop the flesh. Finely chop the squid.
5. Put the mackerel and squid into a bowl, add the coriander, ginger, garlic, lime zest and salt and pepper to taste and mix until thoroughly combined.
6. Cover and leave in the fridge for 2 hours, for the flavours to meld.
7. Mould the mixture into 4 patties, using cling film to hold the shape, if necessary.
8. Heat a little olive oil in a pan until hot. Remove the moulded patties from the cling film and pan fry, turning until browned on both sides and cooked through.
9. To serve, garnish the burgers with the cooked razor clams and reserved sea purslane and drizzle with the parsley and sea purslane juice.
Rate This Recipe