- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 3 tinned anchovies, rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g squid ink pasta
- 14 cooked peeled prawns, shells removed
- 1 small mild fresh chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Set aside 1 tbsp flat-leafed parsley and 2 tbsp of the sliced green parts of the spring onion to use when serving.
2. Place the remaining parsley and spring onion in a small food processor or blender bowl. Add the mint, basil, capers, anchovies and blend until the mixture is well combined and finely chopped. Slowly add the olive oil to give a sauce consistency. Season to taste (you may not need any salt) and set aside.
3. When the water is boiling, add the pasta and some salt and cook according to the packet instructions or until the pasta is al dente - tender but with some bite. Drain.
4. Return the drained pasta to the pan and add the herb sauce, prawns, chilli, plus lemon juice to taste. Toss well then transfer to serving dishes. Garnish with the reserved flat-leafed parsley and sliced spring onions. Sprinkle generously with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe