- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 whole squid
- olive oil
- limes, juice only
1. Preparing the squid: Rinse the squid. Pull the head away from the body - the innards should come away with it.
2. Cut the edible tentacles from the head, squeeze out the beak and discard. Remove and discard the transparent 'pen' or backbone from the body by pulling it out.
3. Clean any excess membranes from the body pocket, rinse under cold running water and peel away the outer skin.
4. Cut the body pocket into three pieces. Score each piece diagonally one way and then the opposite way to create a diamond pattern. Turn over and repeat on the other side.
5. Cooking the squid preheat a griddle pan over a high heat.
6. Oil the squid on both sides then season with salt and pepper. Put onto the griddle and cover with a heavy based saucepan - this prevents the squid from curling up. After 30 seconds turn over and repeat.
7. When the squid is cooked, squeeze over the lime and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe