- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
- 1 kg large squid, cleaned
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunches flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small bulb fennel, finely chopped
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 mandarins, segmented
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Slit each squid and lay each one out, next to each other, on a board - you should have one whole sheet. Cut the sheet into 4 equal pieces. Cover with another chopping board, making sure the squid is held firmly in place between the 2 chopping boards. Place the squid into the freezer for 2 hours.
2. Once the squid is frozen, use a sharp knife and slice it into thin strips, so they resemble tagliatelle.
3. Combine the chillies, garlic, parsley and fennel into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and add the lime zest, juice and mandarin segments.
4. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and blanch the squid strips for 10 seconds, before removing and plunging into iced cold water.
5. Drain the squid and pat dry. Combine with the mandarin salad and drizzle over the olive oil before serving.
Rate This Recipe