- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g whole squid, body cleaned under cold running water, tentacles retained
- 120 g raw chorizo sausages, skin removed, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 large red chilli, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 125 ml red wine
- splashes red wine vinegar
- 120 g canned or jarred chickpeas, drained and rinsed under cold running water
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1-2 tbsp marjoram leaves
1. Heat a large pan over a high heat. Cut the squid into bite-sized pieces. Add the olive oil to the pan and fry the squid and chorizo until browned all over.
2. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and chilli. Cook for 2-3 minutes to soften the vegetables, stirring well. Pour in the red wine and vinegar and simmer until the volume of liquid has reduced by two-thirds. Add the chickpeas and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Add the tomatoes, lower the heat to a simmer and keep cooking for a further 2-3 minutes. Taste again and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve in bowls sprinkled with marjoram.
Rate This Recipe