- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 150 g amaretti biscuits
- 4 tbsp brandy
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g butter
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 100 ml double cream, plus extra to serve
- 100 ml whole milk
- 225 g dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa solids, chopped
1. Using a rolling pin, break the amaretti into medium-sized chunks, not breadcrumb consistency. Divide three-quarters between serving glasses or dishes (martini glasses would be nice). Pour 1 tablespoon of brandy into each glass.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until pale and creamy, then add the egg yolks and beat until incorporated.
3. Heat the cream and milk together in a saucepan until hot but not simmering. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, whisking until it has melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
4. While the chocolate mixture is still hot, pour it onto the butter and egg mixture and beat until completely incorporated.
5. Spoon the chocolate mixture into the serving glasses containing the soaked amaretti and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
6. Just before serving, gently pour a thin layer of double cream into each glass and sprinkle with the last of the crushed amaretti.
Rate This Recipe