- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 x 7-8 cm pieces middle veal marrow bones
- 1 bunches flat leaf parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced
- 1 small handfuls extra-fine capers
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- toast, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Put the marrow bones into an ovenproof frying pan or roasting dish. Roast the bones for 20 minutes, until the marrow is loose and giving, but not melting away.
3. Combine the parsley, shallots and capers in a small bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil to make a dressing.
5. To serve, toss the parsley mixture with the dressing and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Scrape the marrow from the bones onto the toast and season with a little coarse sea salt. Top with a small spoonful of parsley salad.
Rate This Recipe