- Serves: 12 large or 24 medium muffins
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 egg
- 75 ml milk
- 25 g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Irish whiskey, brandy or sherry
- 125 g christmas pudding
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 75 g caster sugar
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Whisk the egg in a bowl and add the milk, melted butter, sherry, whisky or brandy and the pieces of Christmas pudding.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and sugar together. Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients and mix together until a soft lumpy batter forms.
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake in the oven. 20-25 minutes for large muffins, 15-20 minutes for cupcake size and 10-15 minutes for mini muffins.
5. Allow to cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar before serving
Rate This Recipe