- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time:
- Effort: medium
- 4 plum tomatoes
- olive oil, for marinating and frying
- black pepper
- 1 small aubergine
- 250 ml tamari soy sauce
- 100 ml white wine
- 100 g sugar
- 1-3 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large cooked crab, meat picked from it and separated into white and brown
- 100 g green beans, topped and tailed, blanched and drained
- 1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 yellow pepper, roasted, skinned and diced
- 8 tsp crème fraîche
- salad leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2. Place the tomatoes in a roasting tray and roast for 1 hour. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, coat with olive oil and set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the aubergine until tender. Set aside to cool. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. In a saucepan, heat together the tamari soy sauce, white wine, sugar and ginger and cook briskly until reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
4. Peel and dice the avocado and toss with the lemon juice.
5. Fold the mayonnaise into the white crab meat. Season the white and brown crab meat with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Stand a ring on a serving plate. Layer in a quarter of the brown crab meat, green beans, yellow pepper, white crab meat, aubergine, a roasted tomato and 2 tsp of crème fraiche. Garnish the plate with salad greens.
7. Repeat the process making four stacked crab salads in all. Drizzle the tamari dressing over the salad and carefully remove the rings. Serve.
Rate This Recipe