- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 100 g light muscovado sugar
- 1 clementine, finely grated zest and juice
- 4 tbsp red wine
- 2 star anise
Tips and Suggestions
The sauce will keep for about a week in the fridge, or can be frozen for up to 1 month.
1. Put the cranberries, sugar, clementine zest and juice, red wine and star anise into a medium, heavy-based saucepan. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Let the mixture gently bubble away over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes (or slightly less if using frozen fruit) until the cranberries start to pop and soften and the mixture becomes a little saucy, remembering that it will thicken a little more as it cools. Remove the star anise before serving
Rate This Recipe