- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the suet crust
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 115 g shredded suet
For the filling
- 2 tbsp flour
- 450 g beef skirt and kidney
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh beef gravy
- green leafy vegetables
- chive mashed potato
1. For the suet crust: mix the flour, suet and a pinch of salt together in a mixing bowl and stir with a knife, adding sufficient water to form a dough.
2. Shape the dough into a ball and roll out on a floured board.
3. Use two-thirds of the dough to line an 18cm pudding bowl. Reserve the remaining dough for the lid.
4. For the filling: season the flour with salt and pepper. Toss the meat in the seasoned flour and put into the lined pudding bowl.
5. Add the bay leaf and a small amount of gravy to just cover the meat.
6. Put the suet dough lid on top, sealing the edges well. Wrap the bowl in a muslin cloth and steam for 2 hours.
7. To serve: turn out and serve with green leafy vegetables and chive mash.
Rate This Recipe