- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions, , finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 450 g minced beef
- 800 g tinned macaroni, in cheese sauce
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, or basil, chopped
- 120 g sun-blushed tomatoes, chopped
- 100 g parmesan, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4 and grease a large ovenproof dish.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, garlic and mince in for 5-10 minutes, until mince is browned and the onion is softened, then season with salt and freshly ground pepper. This is best done in two batches so that the mince does not stew.
3. Put half the mince mixture into the prepared dish.
4. Place the macaroni cheese in a large bowl and add the other half of the mince, the parsley and chopped sun-blushed tomatoes.
5. Fold together and then spoon over the mince in the ovenproof dish.
6. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan and bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Serve hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe