- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 200 ml white wine
- 100 ml beef consommé
- olive oil, drizzle
- 2x150 g aged beef fillets
- 2 tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp concasse tomatoes, (tomatoes that have been skinned, seeded and chopped)
1. Melt half the butter in a hot pan and add the onion. Sweat down until softened, about 5 minutes, then add a splash of water. Stir and add the sliced mushrooms. After a minute or two, pour in the white wine. Allow it to bubble until reduced by two thirds, then pour in the consommé.
2. While the sauce is cooking, heat a drizzle of olive oil and a small knob of the remaining butter in a separate pan and add the beef fillets. Cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir the tarragon, the rest of the butter and the tomatoes into the onion and mushrooms, warm through and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Serve the beef fillet with the mushroom sauce spooned over it.
Rate This Recipe