- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the steaks
- 4x85 g beef medallions
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
For the sauce
- 1 tsp butter, clarified
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 50 g button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 125 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp chives, snipped
- 50 ml brandy
1. Rub the medallions of beef with the mustard, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and when hot, add the clarified butter and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Add the shallots and mushrooms, and push to the centre of the pan. Arrange the medallions around the edge. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring and tossing the mushroom mixture as you go. If you prefer your steak well done, give it an extra minute or 2.
4. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
5. Turn the steaks over and pour in the cream and chives. Tilt the pan slightly (away from you) and pour in the brandy at the far end. Now turn up the heat to high so that the brandy ignites. Swirl the sauce around in the pan and turn off the heat.
6. Put the medallions on 4 plates, pour over the sauce and serve.
Rate This Recipe