- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 sirloin steaks, each 2.5cm thick
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 baguettes, cut in half
- 2 handfuls rocket
For the horseradish mayonnaise
- 300 ml mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh horseradish, finely grated
1. Cut the excess fat off the steaks. Rub both sides of the meat with a cut clove of garlic, sprinkle with roughly cracked black peppercorns and drizzle with enough olive oil to coat.
2. Cover and let them sit for 10 minutes (or refrigerate for longer).
3. Meanwhile, make the horseradish mayonnaise by simply mixing everything together until smooth.
4. Heat up a heavy frying pan or grill pan until smoking. Cook the steaks for about five minutes on each side, depending on how rare you like your steak cooked. Remove the steaks from the pan and leave to rest for five minutes in a warm oven.
5. Cut the baguettes in half and split open with a bread knife. Slice the steak thinly and use to fill the bread with the rocket leaves. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve with lashings of horseradish mayonnaise. Eat immediately!
Rate This Recipe