- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g fillet steak
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- tbsp capers, in vinegar chopped
- handful of pitted green olives, finely sliced
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 2 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
For the crostini and green olive paste:
- 200 g pitted green olives
- 5 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- ciabatta bread, thickly sliced and toasted
Tips and Suggestions
This recipe contains raw eggs. Raw or lightly cooked eggs should not be served to young children, elderly people, invalids or pregnant women because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
1. Mince the steak by finely chopping the meat with a large, sharp knife.
2. Place the finely chopped in a large bowl. Add in the onion, capers, green olives, Tabasco, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley.
3. Mix well and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Place an oiled metal ring mould in the centre of a serving plate.
5. Gently mould the steak mixture into it forming a rounded mould around 3cm high. Carefully remove the ring mould.
6. Break the egg and separate it, discarding the white but reserving the yolk in one half of the eggshell.
7. Place the yolk-filled eggshell on top of the steak.
8. To make the crostini and green olive paste, blend the olives and olive oil together in a food processor to form a paste.
9. Spread the olive paste on the toasted ciabatta slices.
10. Place the olive paste crostini around the steak and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe