- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, in oil, drained
- 1 small sprig rosemary, leaves stripped to give 1/2 tsp
- 65 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 x 275g sirloin steaks
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Make the anchovy butter. Pound the garlic, anchovy fillets and rosemary leaves until smooth. Work in the butter and leave on one side while you cook the steak.
2. Heat a frying pan or griddle over a medium heat. Season the steaks with salt and freshly ground pepper and rub with olive oil. Cook the meat for 1-2 mins on each side they should sizzle as soon as they hit the pan. Give them an extra minute or two on each side if you prefer the steaks medium-cooked. Transfer to a plate and leave to rest for a few minutes.
3. Put a big dollop of butter on each steak, sprinkle with parsley and serve with a potato or green salad on the side.
For quality ingredients look for a quality mark. Red Tractor beef and lamb is responsibly produced and provenance guaranteed.
Red Tractor beef and lamb: its a Good Food Story.
Rate This Recipe