- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4x150 g welsh black beef fillets
- 100 ml madeira
- 100 ml beef consomme
- 200 g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Season the steaks with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan until hot, then cook the steaks for 3 minutes on each side, remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. In a separate pan, bring the Madeira to the boil and reduce by half.
4. Add the consomme and the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
6. Pour the sauce over the steaks to serve.
Rate This Recipe