- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 sirloin steak
- 2 Desirée potatoes, peeled and grated
- 4 handfuls spinach leaves, washed and cut in half
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 cm piecefresh horseradish
- knob of butter
1. Put the grated potato in a bowl and add 3 good pinches of salt and mix well. Leave for 1 minute. Squeeze the potatoes between your hands to remove as much liquid as possible from the potatoes.
2. Add the potatoes to a heated, oiled frying pan and spread out in a thick layer so that the bottom of the pan is covered. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. After 2 minutes push down the top of the potato with a masher so that the pieces are compacted and the top flattened. Add a few knobs of butter dotted around the edge of the pan at intervals.
4. Once the edges of the pancake are golden and beginning to brown check the underside. If it is golden brown then turn the pancake out onto a plate and then put the uncooked side back into the pan. Flatten down again with the masher and continue to cook until the uncooked side is golden brown.
5. Season the steak and cook on a hot griddle for around 3 minutes each side (for medium rare).
6. Finely grate the horseradish into a bowl and mix with the crème fraiche.
7. Cook the spinach in boiling water until tender, then drain. Squeeze out any excess water.
8. Put the potato pancake onto a plate. Slice the steak into a fan and place at one end of the pancake. Top with half the spinach and 1 tbsp of the horseradish crème fraiche. Fold the pancake over and plate the rest of the spinach and 1 tbsp of horseradish crème fraiche next to it. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe