- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 chicken
- 75 g butter
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
For the vegetables
- 225 g carrots, cut into barrel shapes
- 225 g swede, cut into barrel shapes
- 225 g turnips, cut into barrel shapes
- 12 broccoli florets
- 600 ml vegetable stock
1. Remove the wishbones from the chickens and loosen the skin over the breasts.
2. Heat 25g butter in a pan and cook the pepper gently over a low heat until beginning to soften.
3. Add a splash of water and soften for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the tarragon and parsley and then mix in the remaining butter.
5. Push this mixture under the skin of the chickens and tie back into their original shape with string.
6. Steam in a metal steamer on the hob for about 25-35 minutes (depending on size) until the chickens are cooked
7. Place the carrots, swede, turnip, broccoli and the vegetable stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes until almost cooked.
8. When the vegetables are almost cooked, tip them into a colander and refresh them under cold running water.
9. When the chickens are almost cooked, arrange the vegetables around them in the steamer to them reheat thoroughly.
10. To serve: cut the chickens into breasts and legs. Spoon the vegetables into 4 soup bowls and place the chicken on top. Pour a little stock around and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe