- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
for the fish
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- 4 sage leaves
- 1/2 red onions, chopped
- 4 x 180 g brill fillet, skinned and boned
- 2 tbsp white wine
- lemon juice, to sharpen
For the potato salad
- 200 g jersey royal potatoes
- 20 stems fine English asparagus
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 sage leaves, finely shredded
- 1 red apple
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
1. Peel the carrot and courgette and pare into thin strips. Lay out alternate slices of courgette and carrot on a piece of food-grade plastic wrap. Place a sage leaf on top of the vegetables and scatter with red onions, and cover with 1 brill fillet.
2. Fold the carrots and courgette over the fish to make a multicoloured striped parcel.
3. Drizzle with a little wine and sharpen with a squeeze of lemon juice.
4. Fold the food wrap over the fish package to make a tight parcel, and steam for about 6 minutes until cooked through.
5. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water. Drain and cool slightly.
6. Heat a griddle and cook the potatoes and asparagus until lightly charred.
7. Combine the vinegar, olive oil, shallots, sage, apple and chives.
8. Arrange the potatoes and asparagus on a plate and drizzle with the dressing. Top with the steamed brill and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe