- Serves: 10 tortillas
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 dashes of olive oil, for brushing
- 300 g mozzarella, (not in whey), grated
- 150 g sun-blushed tomatoes, jarred or home-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped (oil reserved from jarred tomatoes)
- 10 basil
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 10 tortilla chips, shop bought
- 1 cartons crème fraîche
- 1 bunches salad leaves
- 10 radishes
Tips and Suggestions
Banana leaves can be found in Chinese or Thai supermarkets or simply substitute kitchen foil.
1. Brush the jalapeno peppers with olive oil, then grill them until their skin is blistered on all sides. Cool, peel, deseed and chop.
2. Tear each basil leaf into four. In a bowl, mix together the chopped jalapenos, mozzarella, sun-blushed tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Steam the tortillas in a steamer lined with banana leaf or kitchen foil until warmed through.
4. Divide the mozzarella mixture among the tortillas, rolling each tortilla up over the mixture.
5. Steam the filled tortillas for 10 minutes until warmed through.
6. Serve the freshly steamed tortillas with the crème fraîche, salad leaves (dressed with the reserved sun-blushed tomato oil) and radishes.
Rate This Recipe