- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 250 g broccoli florets
- 0.5 tsp cornflour
- 1 handfuls toasted almonds
1. Mix the lemon grass, garlic and ginger together, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and rub over the chicken. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Put just enough water into a steamer or pan and place the rack or steamer basket on top. Place the chicken and seasoning inside, cover and steam for 15-20 minutes.
3. Scatter over the broccoli florets and cook for another two minutes. Remove the steamer tray and set aside.
4. Whilst cooking the fragrant chicken juices should have dripped down into the water to make a stock and evaporated to leave approximately a glass full of liquid (about 80-100ml - if you find you have too much liquid, bring to a fast boil and reduce).
5. Thicken the stock with cornflour and season if necessary.
6. To serve, arrange the chicken on a plate and scatter over the broccoli, and toasted almonds then drizzle with the sauce. Serve with steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe