- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- pinches ground black pepper
- 4 thinly sliced dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 10 mins
- 10cm dangshen, sliced (see cook's note)
- 5 red Chinese dates
- 1 tbsp red wolfberries
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Tips and Suggestions
dangshen is a long root, a milder form of ginseng. You can buy it dried in Chinese Supermarkets.
1. Toss the chicken breast slices with the shaoxing wine, peanut oil, salt and pepper. Put on a small heatproof plate that will fit inside a steamer or Chinese steamer basket.
2. Scatter the shitake mushrooms, dangshen, dates and wolfberries over the chicken.
3. Put the plate in the steamer basket, cover with the lid and steam for 10-15 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked through.
4. Drizzle a little sesame oil over the top and serve.
Rate This Recipe