- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g butter
- 175 g light muscovado sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3-4 drops almond essence
- 75 g self-raising flour
- 75 g ground almonds
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 75 g dark chocolate, melted
- 100 g honeycomb, cinder toffee
- hot custard, to serve
1. Lightly butter a 600ml pudding basin. Cream the butter and sugar together, until pale and fluffy.
2. Add the beaten eggs, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
3. Stir in the almond essence.
4. Fold in the flour and almonds.
5. Stir in the milk and divide the mixture into two.
6. Stir the melted chocolate into one half of the mixture.
7. Now spoon both mixtures alternately into the basin, until all the mixture has been used up, scattering over the honeycomb balls as you go.
8. Cover the basin with a circle of greased grease-proof paper and then a circle of kitchen foil. Scrunch around the edges to seal.
9. Steam for 1 hour and 30 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch. Turn out and serve with hot custard.
Rate This Recipe