- Effort: medium
- 900 g clams
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunches mustard greens
- 1 medium red chilli, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ciabatta bread, to serve
1. Wash the clams and place in the bottom of a large stainless steel steamer.
2. Add the wine, bay leaf, onion, garlic and black pepper.
3. Roughly chop the mustard greens and place in a slotted steamer basket. Scatter over the sliced red chillies and season with salt and black pepper.
4. Lay the basket over the clams, cover the pot and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until the clams have opened and the greens are tender.
5. Lift out the basket of greens and drizzle over the lemon juice. Place a few greens in the bottom of 4 individual bowls and spoon over a generous amount of clams and any cooking liquor.
6. Scatter with chopped parsley, add a splash of olive oil and pass around chunks of crusty ciabatta bread.
Rate This Recipe