- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 800400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 400 g dark red plums, tinned in syrup
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 4 cod fillets, , each 175g, skinned and pin boned
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 250 g Chinese greens, mixed
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 star anise
1. Tip the tinned tomatoes and tinned plums into a pan. Add the five spice powder and simmer gently for about ten minutes to reduce. Push through a sieve and set aside.
2. Place the cod in the bottom of a steamer and season lightly.
3. Place the chinese greens, shiitake mushrooms and star anise in the top of the steamer and gently steam for 8-10 minutes.
4. To serve, place two tablespoons of the sauce on a plate and top with the steamed vegetables. Carefully remove the cod from the steamer and place on top.
Rate This Recipe