- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1x600 g whole bream
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp black bean sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
1. Using a sharp knife, cut slashes across both sides of the fish.
2. Combine the soy sauces with the black bean sauce, garlic, sugar and cornflour. Add enough oil to make a slack paste.
3. Spread this paste over both sides of the fish. It's a good idea to put the fish on a heatproof plate to catch any juices as it cooks.
4. Cook in a covered steamer for about 10-15 minutes until the flesh flakes easily. Sprinkle with spring onions and serve with rice.
Rate This Recipe