- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- 1 piece ginger, (3cm)peeled
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 limes
- 250 ml water
For the fruit
- 0.5 pineapples, peeled, cored and cut into thick slices
- 2 peaches or nectarines
- 1 mango, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 apples
- 1 sharon fruit, trimmed, cut into quarters
- 6 lychees, peeled, stones removed
- 4 sprigs mint, for decoration
1. To make the syrup, put the lemongrass, ginger, sugar, lemon juice and water into a saucepan. Dissolve the sugar over a gentle heat and bring the syrup to a boil.
2. Simmer for 20 minutes before taking the pan off the heat. Cool and then strain the syrup, discarding the ginger and lemongrass.
3. Tip all the fruit into a heatproof plastic bag, and pour over enough of the cooled syrup to cover. Tie or seal the bag, and place in a hot steamer. Cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the fruit begins to soften but still keeps its shape.
4. Carefully open the bag and tip the contents into a heatproof bowl. Garnish with sprigs of mint and serve warm.
Rate This Recipe