- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 hake fillets, (about 175g each) skin on
- 4 red peppers
for the dressing:
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
1. First run your fingers lightly over the hake flesh to locate any small bones that remain. Remove them with a pair of tweezers or small pliers. Remove any scales on the skin by scraping them off with the blunt side of a knife.
2. Lightly oil a streamer basket or heatproof plate and place the hake fillets into it. Steam for about 6-8 minutes until tender, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
3. To make the dressing, dissolve the salt in the lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. Slice the peppers into quarters and roast with a little oil in a griddle pan until slightly blackened. Remove the skin.
5. To serve, arrange the roasted peppers in a circle in the centre of individual warmed plates. Pour a little of the dressing over and around the peppers. Place the hake on top of the peppers and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe