- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the pickled tomato butter
- 3 tbsp frompickled tomatoes
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 200 g unsalted butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- bunches wild rocket, finely shredded
- 20 pickled cherry tomatoes
For the gremolata
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp finelyminced garlic
- 1½ finely grated lemon zest
For the Halibut
- 4 x 200 g halibut fillets, cut from a big fish
- freshly ground white pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 500 g spinach, washed and picked
Tips and Suggestions
If you would like to make your own pickled tomatoes have a go at Paul Bloxham's recipe.
1. To make the tomato butter, place the vinegar in a small saucepan and cook over a moderate heat, until reduced by half.
2. Add the double cream and sun-dried tomato puree, and reduce for a further 20 seconds.
3. Add the butter and whisk until emulsified. Season to taste. Just before serving, add the rocket and cherry tomatoes.
4. To make the gremolata, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
5. Season the halibut fillets salt and white pepper. Drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice.
6. Place the fish in a large bamboo steamer basket and pack the spinach in another, place both baskets over simmering water and steam for 8 minutes.
7. Remove the spinach and fish from the steamer and divide the spinach between 4 warmed dinner plates. Top each with a halibut fillet and scatter over the gremolata.
8. Spoon the pickled tomato butter around the fish and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe