- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the halibut
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 900 g tomatoes, skins and seeds removed, chopped
- 225 g coriander leaves, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground freshly ground white pepper
- 4 x 200 g halibut fillets
- 2 leeks, white parts only
- 125 ml lemon juice
- 8 stalks lemongrass, quartered
- 1 small bunches flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
For the oysters
- 12 oysters, shucked
- 2-3 drops yuzu juice or lime juice
- 0.5 avocados, diced
- 0.5 tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tsp chilli paste
- pearls black caviar, (optional)
Tips and Suggestions
; yuzu is a Japanese fruit, similar in appearance to a tangerine, and has a sour citrus flavour. It's quite hard to find but the juice can be bought bottled, from specialist Japanese food stores.
1. Rub the inside of 2 casserole dishes with a tablespoon of the olive oil, and then rub each dish with half of the chopped garlic.
2. Divide the tomatoes between the two dishes and top with the coriander. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Season the halibut, divide between the casseroles, and place on top of the tomatoes and coriander.
4. Cut the white part of the leek into fine strips and scatter over the top of the halibut fillets.
5. Pour the lemon juice equally over each fish portion.
6. Divide the lemongrass evenly between the casseroles, arranging it around the fish. Cover with a lid or sheet of foil. Take care to ensure the seal is tight, or the fish will burn rather than steam.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn off the oven, but leave the fish inside, and open the door a little way.
8. Meanwhile, shuck the oysters. Mix all the accompanying ingredients together and spoon a little onto each oyster.
9. Mix the remaining garlic together with the lemon rind and parsley. Spoon into the base of 4 large warmed serving bowls.
10. Serve at once, accompanied by the oysters.
Rate This Recipe